You’ve heard the advice a million times.
To be successful, you have to __________ [Insert foolproof idea here].
The question however is, does it work for you?
Because let’s face it – working hard at a job you hate, making big bucks, taking a vacation, driving a sports car might look like living a successful life to some, but not necessarily everyone.
It’s pretty amazing to see how many people equate success with making more money.
In reality, these are the very people who often are miserable, unhappy and confused about their real purpose.
Turns out we need a new way to define success. It’s about living a deeper, and not faster, life.
It starts with doing what makes you happy, although that may not necessarily make you rich instantly. You are more likely to be rich if you are happy but not the other way around.
Take startups for example. There were 500,000+ entrepreneurs who launched a new business in 2012 knowing fully well that only a handful will reach the fame of people such as Zuckerberg, for example.
But those numbers don’t dissuade these business owners to keep going year after year – clearly, they are being driven by something more than money.
So what is your “something”? What drives you? What does success mean to you?
To answer that question, we all need some inspiration from time to time.
So we compiled a list of best quotes on success that will motivate you and contribute to your success. (It’s a great idea to bookmark and come back to this anytime you need a fresh dose of inspiration.)
31 Quotes on Success that Will Inspire You
1. “Entrepreneurs average 3.8 failures before final success. What sets the successful ones apart is their amazing persistence.” Lisa M. Amos
2. “Stop chasing the money and start chasing the passion.” Tony Hsieh
3. “If you are willing to do more than you are paid to do, eventually you will be paid to do more than you do.” Anonymous
4. “Success? I don’t know what that word means. I’m happy. But success, that goes back to what in somebody’s eyes success means. For me, success is inner peace. That’s a good day for me.” Denzel Washington
5. “If you’re going through hell, keep going.” Winston Churchill
6. “Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear–not absence of fear.” Mark Twain
7. “We become what we think about most of the time, and that’s the strangest secret.” Earl Nightingale
8. A real decision is measured by the fact that you’ve taken a new action. If there’s no action, you haven’t truly decided. Tony Robbins
9. “If you don’t build your dream, someone else will hire you to help them build theirs.” Dhirubhai Ambani
10. “Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.” Jim Ryun
11. “If you don’t design your own life plan, chances are you’ll fall into someone else’s plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much.” Jim Rohn
12. You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions Naguib Mahfouz
13. “If everything seems under control, you’re just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti
14. Don’t deny your feelings. They alone are what guide you through life. Anonymous
15. If there’s a way to do it better . . . find it. Thomas Edison
16. “If you don’t value your time, neither will others. Stop giving away your time and talents. Value what you know & start charging for it.” Kim Garst
17. “Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can’t do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.” Steve Jobs
18. “The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.” Vince Lombardi
19. “It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” J K Rowling
20. “Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life – think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. Let the brain, muscles, nerves, every part of your body, be full of that idea, and just leave every other idea alone. This is the way to success.” Swami Vivekananda
21. “We first make our habits, then our habits make us” John Dryden
22. “Life is like photography. You need the negatives to develop.” Anonymous
23. “If you find yourself slipping in one area, remember it is a choice to get back on track. One slip into old habits is not who you are, it is simply an opportunity to step up once more.” Sharon Pearson
24. “In the end, it’s not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away” Shing Xiong
25. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” Mark Twain
26. “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people” Eleanor Roosevelt
27. “Forget all the reasons it won’t work and believe the one reason that it will.” Unknown
28. Success does not consist in never making blunders, but in never making the same one a second time. Josh Billings
29. “Trust because you are willing to accept the risk, not because it’s safe or certain.” Anonymous
30. “Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day-in and day-out.” Robert Collier
31. “Using the power of decision gives you the capacity to get past any excuse to change any and every part of your life in an instant.” Tony Robbins
If success came easy, we wouldn’t appreciate it. The hard work makes it so appealing. If you are avoiding doing certain things because they are hard, boring or time consuming, time to get off the fence and just do it!
And what better time to start than now? Join Sharon Pearson on a brand new Your Success Program and embark on the journey to be your best self.
Get started with Your Success now.