Many of us struggle to live what we consider to be a full and meaningful life. We may have a long list of dreams and aspirations, yet lack the tools and commitment to bring them into reality. Many of us simply believe in luck, and feel ourselves stuck, with all of these unfulfilled desires and struggling to make a move forwards.
One may describe luck as; ‘”a purposeless, unpredictable and uncontrollable force that shapes events favorably or unfavorably for an individual, group or cause.” (Roig-DeBellis 2014)
Rather than waiting for luck to fall into your lap, wouldn’t you prefer to be the creator of your own success? This means taking control of your life, in order to bring about positive, favorable circumstances. You can build a purposeful life by building your values around authenticity, courage, connection, adventure and love. Living your life on purpose enables you the freedom to organize your time and focus on what is important to you! A good question to ask yourself is, ‘are you really taking action and living the life YOU want?” Maybe it is time for you to take the reins of life, claim responsibility and create the life you’ve dreamed of.
10 Steps to ‘Live a life on purpose’:
- Awareness: Becoming aware of the current status of your life. Identifying the gap between where your life is, and where you truly want to be? This may mean acknowledging your current challenges, obstacles and areas of weakness.
- Commitment: Gathering determination and commitment to begin to take action to working towards your desired life path. This may be overcoming obstacles, setting intentions and identifying your true life purpose.
- Seek Guidance: Search for assistance in finding new direction and learning how to get there.
- Clarity: Identify and clarify your true self; your values, strengths, passions and good qualities, and aligning these with your ‘soul purpose’; that is your reason for existence or your higher self.
- Service: Come to awareness that in knowing and expressing your inner purpose in helping others is the highest form of life fulfilment.
- Stillness: Find stillness in order to gain daily insights, strength and understanding of what is going on around you.
- Plan to go Forward: Commit to your new path of living on purpose in the present moment by initiating help from others or committing to some type of plan or schedule to move forwards.
- Insight & Inspiration: Find inspiration to motivate you to take action towards achieving your goals. Be mindful of limiting beliefs or mental obstacles that may prevent you from moving forwards. Work with someone else to overcome these and learn to gain authority over any negative thoughts or feelings.
- Expand Your Thinking: Challenge your thoughts by taking risks, maintaining a positive attitude, forgiveness and non-judgment.
- Gratitude: Practice thankfulness for everything in your life. Being grateful with what you have, will only continue to attract even more positive circumstances into your life in the future. (Koehneke, Jim 2012)
Realizing that you really are in control of your own life, means that you can now take the necessary step to make significant changes and transform your life into one you desire. You may begin by identifying what is meaningful to you, then find a method that enables you to achieve those goals. Enrolling yourself into a program may assist you with making the initial changes and fulfilling the outcomes.
The Coaching Institute offer the perfect solution to helping you transform your life. The ‘Your Success’ program is a 12-week course that provides you with the necessary guidance and assistance you need to really find and fulfill your purpose. The Coaching Institute will provide you with the inspiration and motivation you need to start taking your destiny into your own hands.
Koehneke, Jim (2012) 10 Steps to Create and Live Your Life on Purpose, viewed 8/05/15, http://www.purposefairy.com/8947/10-steps-to-create-and-live-your-life-on-purpose/ Roig-DeBellis (2014) Do you Believe in Luck?,viewed 8/05/15, http://www.huffingtonpost.com/kaitlin-roigdebellis/do-you-believe-in-luck_b_5018889.html